What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
In order to be registered as a tourist guide in South Africa, a person must meet the following minimum requirements:
- must be at least 21 years of age;
- must be a South African citizen or be in possession of a valid work permit;
- must have undergone training with a CATHSSETA-accredited training provider;
How do you get a job as a tour guide?
How to Become A Tour Guide
- Step 1 – Determine whether you actually want this job, and have the skills necessary. …
- Step 2 – Determine what kind of guiding job you want. …
- Step 3 – Get training and licenses, if necessary. …
- Step 4 – Get hired or start your own business. …
- Step 5 – Start working, and never stop learning!
How much money can you make as a tour guide?
The average wage for a tour guide in the United States is around $11.32 per hour.
How much do international tour guides make?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $96,000 and as low as $13,500, the majority of International Tour Guide salaries currently range between $24,000 (25th percentile) to $41,000 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $62,500 annually across the United States.
Where can I learn to be a tour guide?
Tourist Guide Institute offers both full time and online courses to individuals who want to become registered tour guides and/or tour operators in South Africa.
How do I become a European tour guide?
- Be locally based in the destination you are applying for.
- Tour guide license (if needed in your country).
- Be fluent in English – other languages is a plus.
- Previous experience as a tour guide or from similar jobs.
- Enjoy working with people!
Is tour guide a good career?
A tour guide gets the opportunity to see the world. It is a job with no time limit. You have to work for a long 12 hours in a day and may be that on the next day you will be free. It is a good career industry but very competitive.
How do you become a Blue Badge guide?
All Blue Badge guides must pass the Institute’s exams or the STGA’s exams. They study for up to two years at university level, taking a comprehensive series of written and practical exams which qualify them to become Blue Badge Tourist Guides. The institute also sets standard for guides to work in foreign languages.
How many hours do tour guides work?
Generally have a set schedule each week. May work part time or full time, but most work less than 40 hours a week. May work more during the summer when more people take vacations.
How do I start a private tour guide business?
Choose a business niche
- Find your passion. The first step to starting your own tour company is to know what you’re passionate about. …
- Evaluate your city. …
- Identify your target market. …
- Research your competitors. …
- Name your tour business. …
- Register your business. …
- Get your business license and permits. …
- Register as a tour guide.
How much does a tour guide make per day?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. Aside from this, many tour companies encourage their passengers to tip the tour guides, so this can bump up your salary dramatically.