What is the full meaning of tour?
a traveling around from place to place. a long journey including the visiting of a number of places in sequence, especially with an organized group led by a guide. … a journey from town to town to fulfill engagements, as by a theatrical company or an entertainer: to go on tour; a European concert tour.
What is the purpose of a tour?
Tour guides accompany groups of visitors to tourist attractions, whether on day trips or longer visits, and give them information and insights that help them make the most of the experience.
What is a tour in tourism?
(to͝or) 1. A trip with visits to various places of interest for business, pleasure, or instruction. 2.
What is the meaning of tour in music?
A concert tour (or simply tour) is a series of concerts by an artist or group of artists in different cities, countries or locations. … A performer who embarks on a concert tour is called a touring artist.
What are the types of tours?
There are 3 main types of tours:
- Sightseeing Tours. …
- Shore Excursion Tours. …
- Adventure or Sporting Tours. …
- Other Types of Tours. …
- Combining Tours.
How do you use tour?
Tour sentence example
- It’s so lovely a tour on a spring afternoon. …
- Nice cars, nice enough house, but the tour bus doesn’t bother to point out their digs. …
- If only he didn’t have to tour the Sector tonight! …
- In November, 1805, Prince Vasili had to go on a tour of inspection in four different provinces.
What are the main components of tour guiding?
What are the four stages of Tour Guiding?
- Four stages of tour guiding techniques.
- Pre – tour.
- Tour proper.
- Arrival procedures.
- Activities during the tour.
- Departure procedures.
- Complaints management.
- Post tour.
What does a tour guide do?
Tour guide: job description
- undertaking research and planning tours.
- preparing and giving presentations.
- offering sightseeing advice.
- organising and leading excursions.
- problem solving.
- translating and interpreting.
- transporting and accompanying tourists.
What are 3 types of tourism?
Forms of tourism: There are three basic forms of tourism: domestic tourism, inbound tourism, and outbound tourism. These can be combined in various ways to derive the following additional forms of tourism: internal tourism, national tourism and international tourism.
Whats a tour in the Army?
For military personnel, a tour of duty is usually a period of time spent in combat or in a hostile environment. In an army, for instance, soldiers on active duty serve 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the length of their service commitment.
What is tour and where it was derived?
The English-language word tourist was used in 1772 and tourism in 1811. These words derive from the word tour, which comes from Old English turian, from Old French torner, from Latin tornare – “to turn on a lathe”, which is itself from Ancient Greek tornos (τόρνος) – “lathe”.